Monday, December 17, 2012

unleaded gas camp stove - ETS Forums - The Survival Forum

My one worry on the gasoline is ANY fumes are and ISSUE. I worked a Experiential Education camp for teens as the equipment manager and we had the 1980's "official" silver dual fuel Coleman stoves (single burner), and we never used anything but white gas. The white gas is seemingly less explosive (perhaps??) than gasoline. It always made me nervous thinking of lighting and storing gasoline for that purpose. I suppose to HAVE the option is nice, but as a "normal" operating fuel.......not for me. In a practicing for a "situation" where other fuels not available...OK.

Some old mountaineering buddies had a saying "A Peaker is a Leaker" in reference to the Peak 1 line Coleman used to have. I think the issue was around altitudes and in backpacking senarios as I never had a issue in normal situations and carried a different brand stove on altitude trips as the Colemans are heavy.

Ironwood

Source: http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=254676

Staten Island Trick or Treat Amy Weber Happy Halloween! Star Wars Episode 7 miranda lambert luke bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment